TecSalud designs and implements open, locally-driven, practical health technology throughout the Americas. We are a new and growing social enterprise with co-working offices in Bogota, Colombia and Cambridge, Massachusetts USA.
About this position
TecSalud is seeking a Program Coordinator for our expanding portfolio. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the programmatic aspects of our work - including delivering in-person trainings, developing technology documentation, and supporting the development and design of technology systems. He or she will work closely with the technical teams to gain an understanding of the technology solutions we are developing in order to translate how those work and how we'd explain them to a wide range of non-technical users.
We are seeking candidates to work with us in our office in Bogota, Colombia,* but will consider candidates from neighboring regions for remote work. We will consider part-time and full-time candidates. This is a one-year contract position that may require up to 25% travel within Latin America. Ability to travel internationally is required.
*In order to be considered for work in Bogota, candidate must have prior work authorization in Colombia or a Mercosur country.
- Be lead on managing the coordination of mobile technology projects across multiple stakeholders, including TecSalud’s team, end users, client, and vendors.
- Create and manage project plans and roll-out, including leading meetings and communication with stakeholders to coordinate tasks and make progress.
- Following a comprehensive on-boarding, design and develop mobile data collection and data visualization tools based on partner requirements and feedback.
- Travel to project countries, including rural field sites, to meet with end users, prepare for project logistics, and oversee technology adoption.
- Lead technical trainings with different audiences, including with low tech-literate groups such as community health workers in rural settings, technical staff in local government ministries, and NGO program officers.
- Provide continual support to the project, including developing leave-behind documentation and answering ongoing support questions via email, WhatsApp, and other support channels.
Skills & Requirements
- Fluent in oral and written Spanish is absolutely required. Candidates who do not meet this will not be considered.
- Advanced Professional Proficiency in oral and written English.
- 2-4 years of relevant project experience in international development, technology, NGOs, or similar work.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable leading training sessions with 5-20 people with little to no support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Impact, Business, Technology, Engineering, or another relevant field required
- Willingness to and interest in traveling to countries in Central America for work for 1-2 consecutive weeks at a time.
- (Preferred) Experience building data collection tools and/or working with health information systems a huge plus (CommCare, ODK, OpenMRS, DHIS2, etc.).
- (Preferred) Experience or familiarity using data analysis, data visualization and/or business intelligence tools (Excel, Tableau, Microsoft BI, Access).
- (Preferred) Experience working in the healthcare, government, technology or social impact space
To apply for this position, please submit an expression of interest in an email with an attached CV and an English writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your name in the subject line. We look forward to receiving your application.